Tarion's Home Inspector Report provides you with information and updates about the new home warranty that will help you in the course of your professional duties.
- Act as an advisory body who provides ongoing advice from a home buyer/consumer perspective on proposed Tarion operational and policy-related matters and changes.
- Provide external expertise, and personal perspective/experience to proposed policy-related matters and changes.
- Identify topics to be considered for potential policy discussions that would enhance consumer confidence in purchasing a new home, new home warranty protection, and/or provide benefits to Ontario new home purchasers.
- A commitment to the Consumer Advisory Council's purpose and mandate of improving consumer protection;
- Strong communication and collaborative skills;
- Previous advisory council, consumer advocacy, or public policy experience is an asset; and
- Demonstrate credibility, integrity and high ethical standards in business dealings and personal affairs.
At this time, the Consumer Advisory Council is looking to fill two vacant positions.
Tarion is committed to equity. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, gender, background or disability. Tarion is also committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities in a timely manner, and will do so by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility and meeting accessibility requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities in our recruitment processes.