2017 OAHI/CAHPI-ON Education Conference
Published by Erica Phillips
Published on February 7, 2017
March 3 to 5, 2017
Education Is the Key
16 Education Sessions Announced
One weekend, sixteen education sessions: one great price: early bird pricing for full delegate registration is $349, that’s a $50 saving. Click here to register. There will be an offsite inspection and an insulation plant tour led by Terry Carson for $149. That’s a lot of continuing education credits up for grabs in one weekend: March 3 to 5, 2017 at the Holiday Inn Burlington Hotel & Conference Centre, 3063 South Service Rd. in Burlington. Members from all home inspection associations, home inspection students and practicing home inspectors at all levels are welcome.
The education session schedule has been posted, and there are different levels of education sessions: freshman, general and advanced. For newbies and students the Mentorship Café allows to you connect with industry leaders one-on-one, it’s a chance to “Ask a RHI”.
Friday March 3
The offsite inspection will take place at the historic Battlefield House in Stoney Creek. Next it’s off to Milton for a tour of the ROXUL plant. Boxed lunch and transportation will be provided.
Saturday March 4
- Alden Gibson - Working Safely with Electricity
- Alan Carson - Bill 59 and CSA standards/licensing
- Laurel Harris - Report Writing 101: Reporting Essentials
- George Eastwood - An advanced look at foundation and brick work
- Laurel Harris - Report Writing 201: Standout Reporting Techniques
- Jacob Kachuba Residential Houses and Observed Cracks: Causes, Diagnosis and Repair Solutions
- Don Schmidt - Indoor Air Quality and Contamination Inspection
- Jose Pablo Bustamante - Advanced Electrical
Sunday March 5
- Greg McIntosh - Looking for moisture with smaller cameras: can you trust what you see?
- Terry Carson - CSA A770 from a different point of view
- Graham Clarke - The OAHI Education Conference Sample Platter
- Gary Laframboise - A closer look at alarms & safety, placement and requirements
- Andrew Dixon - Pictures and report writing
- Philip Ghosh - Limiting your liability
- Brett Danks - Becoming a Commercial UAV Operator
- Brad Durant - Inspecting High Energy Efficient Homes
Tim Hudak, the CEO of the Ontario Real Estate Association will deliver the keynote speech on March 4.
Become an OAHI member during the conference and get a swag item, mention on social media and recognition from the floor.
The OAHI AGM is on March 4 at 5:30 p.m.
Talk to us: If you'd like to be a sponsor, a mentor with the Mentorship Cafe or have suggestions: Andrew Dixon RHI: email@example.com.
Book your hotel room for the conference today and save! Standard rooms at the Holiday Inn Burlington Hotel and Conference Centre start at $111. For the best deal and selection: OAHI 2017 Guestroom Booking Link. When you chose the date, the group booking comes up: OAH.
Watch Facebook, Linkedin and YouTube pages for updates.