OAHI and Concerns About COVID-19
Published on March 12, 2020
The best way to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and other more common viruses is to:
- wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water or alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- avoid touching your eyes, mouth and nose as much as possible
- avoid contact with people who are ill and their items?
- cover mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing; if no tissue is available, then sneeze or cough into the sleeve or arm
- clean and disinfect objects and surfaces regularly.
- If you are sick, we ask that you not attend your scheduled events. According to the Government of Canada, some symptoms of COVID-19 have included fever, cough, and difficulty breathing.
We know it may be disappointing not to attend an event but keeping the virus from spreading is our first priority.
In addition to these practices, the OAHI Training Centre follows a regular facility cleaning schedule and will increase sanitation at high touch points: washrooms, the kitchenette, door handles, toilet flush handles, faucets, tables, and armrests.
If you would like more information regarding COVID -19 below are some recommended sources:
· York Region Public Health
· Government of Ontario
· Government of Canada – Novel Coronavirus
· World Health Organization – Coronavirus.